Sunday, February 13, 2011

A great Chicago weekend!

Since school has been slightly less busy the past few days, I decided to explore places in Chicago that I hadn't been to over the weekend. Hey, I'm sticking to that new year's list I made! :)


Friday night I went dancing in Boystown, and it was so much fun! I have never been to a club where literally EVERYONE dances, but at this one they did. The dance floor was totally packed, the music was hella good, and I was in great company. And can I just say that gay guys are so fun to dance with? Because they are! Unfortunately I got minimal attention from them. LOL. I can't wait to go back.



Saturday night I was so happy to be invited to see Les Miserables with my dear friend, Steve. I didn't know the story prior to seeing the show, so I really didn't know what to expect. I was so moved by the story! It's about a criminal who turns his life around by helping others in need during the French Revolution. Loved it. Plus, the Cadillac theatre was gorgeous!! And Steve's company was wonderful, like always. A perfect night... minus my road rage due to awful traffic. Thanks for putting up with me Steve. ;)

All in all, I have to admit, I'm warming up to Chicago quite a bit. If it weren't for the terribly cold weather, horrible traffic, high taxes, and enormous state debt, it would the perfect place to live! Perfect because, yes... there's tons to do and lots of opportunity... but more because I love the friends I have made here. I'm so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment