Friday, February 11, 2011

Eat, Pray, Love




A very lovely friend of mine let me borrow this book when I was in desperate need of reading the words within it. Likewise, she came into my life when I was in desperate need of a friend exactly like her. She is one of the most warm, brilliant, and affectionate women I have ever met. I was so happy to meet her and my best friends in medical school to celebrate her birthday last night. It was a ball, like always!

Happy Birthday Nicole! I love you so dearly and am incredibly blessed by your friendship.



Below I’m sharing some of my favorite lines from the book, which is written by Elizabeth Gilbert by the way.

"I want God to play in my bloodstream the way sunlight amuses itself on the water."

"People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that's what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life. A true soul mate is probably the most important person you'll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. But to live with a soul mate forever? Nah. Too painful. Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then leave. A soul mates purpose is to shake you up, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so new light can get in, make you so desperate and out of control that you have to transform your life, then introduce you to your spiritual master..."

"L'amor che move il sole e l'altre stelle."
= The love that moves the sun and the other stars.

1 comment:

  1. I told you that I am taking notes from your blogging skills, right? :)

    ReplyDelete