Tuesday, October 25, 2011

RVing fun!


The beach at the Indiana Dunes.

My dad and I went camping this past weekend, and we had an absolutely blast! My stepmom and sister, Laura, we able to join us for Saturday afternoon which was awesome too! We cooked, played football, hiked, took Abby to the beach, played board games, drank, watched movies, skipped rocks, rode bikes, and got to know each other better. I can't even begin to describe how grateful I am to have had this time with my Dad. I feel like we got to know each other more intimately, and I just have to say that he's probably the coolest guy on Earth!!! On this trip, he reminded me of the importance of GIVING in all relationships, and that's a lesson that is really going to stick with me, forever. I'm so blessed to have him and his support (though it's not always apparent) in my life. Gosh, I love my dad so so much!


FOOTBALL TIME!!!!

Hiking with Laura- ah, I love her!!!

Abby on the beach

Dad with his walking stick

On a side note, Dad sold the RV. :( So this is the last camping trip we will take in it. We are all hoping he breaks down and buys another one soon. If not, well a RV is definitely on my list of things I must have after I get a job! :) It's just so fun and liberating to be able to pick up and go anywhere with your entire family including your pets and embark on this kind of adventure where everyone is forced to work together and play together as I team. It's a trip of pure fun without all the fluff, and most importantly it brings everyone closer together.

The infamously duck- taped RV that we have grown to love so much!

I guess there is one more sad thing, and it's just that weekends as fun as these remind me of how much I miss my family. My sisters are growing up so fast. My stepmom is one of the strongest women I have ever met. I admire her so much, and I wish I was around more to learn from her. And well I've already gone on about my Dad... I just don't know how else to say it.... I really really love my family. And I wish I got to see them more.

No comments:

Post a Comment