Sunday, July 10, 2011

Summer in the City

Let’s start this one off with some words of wisdom from the Dalai Lama… (I so wish I could see him speak while he is in Chicago next weekend)
“Every day, think as you wake up, today I am fortunate to alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others; to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings. I am going to have kind thoughts towards others, I am not going to get angry or think badly of others. I am going to benefit others as much as I can.”

So, the good news is…. I moved!!!! And I LOVE my new place. It's in the most dog friendly neighborhood I can imagine, which is perfect for me and my little ones! In just one full weekend I have done so much! I have been on a boat on Lake Michigan twice, gone to a free music concert with friends in Millennium Park, found the most adorable vintage clothing store, went to the coolest street festival, and ate at two of the most delicious restaurants in all of Chicago! I'm falling in the love with this city- quickly and hard!

Not only is living downtown amazing, but my rotations are going really well too. I finished my four weeks of general internal medicine, and tomorrow I start gasteroenterology. Woohoo for colonoscopies! Unfortunately, I am still anxiously awaiting my board score.

As a tribute to the my favorite first lady, who recently passed away... Miss Betty Ford will leave behind an incredible legacy. I am so personally grateful for all she has done as an advocate for alcoholics, addicts, and breast cancer patients across the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment